- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8 April 2011

dolly LOVE

NB: This post has been forwarded from 'Welcome to the Dollhaus'...
(It was originally posted on Sat 1st April 2011 at 1:30pm).




I love dollies, it's true. 

Not the hideous collectible kind that one might find in the back 
of old women's weeklies, but 1960s pose dolls?   yes please!
Justine's collection of reproduction Blythe dolls?   hell yeah! 

And dismembered vintage bisque dolls or parts there of 
always provoke a strange kind of yearning in me.... 


a yearning for what, exactly, I'm not quite sure, but there is something so strangely beautiful and disturbingly alluring about decrepid old porcelain ladies, that I  find  myself trawling far too often through the... 
I could go on and, as my blogging progresses, I probably will, but for now I'll leave you with the above link and the handmade eye candy below


let's not forget the homely beauty of the traditional cloth doll

via wovenplay  
makers of beautiful sustainable children's wear, 
and on occassion doll clothes,
and Jess Brown : the doll maker

SO

because I love dollies, and I most probably like princesses too 
(as I am a girl) my thoughtful little man drew these for me today...


'prince and princess dolls"

standing outside their palace
(the signs say 'PALACE' and "enter here")


'princess dolly in polka dot dress'

(these are very much responsible for the above dolly ramblings)


TODAY

We did loads of drawing, then we watched Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (but we covered our eyes during the scary bits) 

We ate vanilla plum jam on crusty bread ( jam made from the fruit of a wild cherry plum tree that grows in our garden ), we rescued a beautiful black and white moth from a spider's web, we played with Sneaky, our crazy kitten and chatted to our budgies Coo Coo and Loco. 

Then Ari had a bath with his new favourite sailing ship (Batman's boat-mobile) and I watched the sun set over the distant hills while I cooked pasta in our country kitchen and drank sweet chai tea.

Somedays life is just good, and I am thankful to be mama to such a 


precious little soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment